Below I have put together a few ideas that you can perform. These can be done at home as well, which can save you a ton of cash in gym memberships.
You won’t get nearly the results you’d get from training regularly with real free weight equipment, but certainly it works in a pinch.
- Pull ups Grab a bar with a grip slightly wider than shoulder width, with your hands facing away from you. Hang all the way down. Pull yourself up until your chin is above the bar. Slight pause Lower yourself all the way back down. Go up, and really concentrate on isolating your back and biceps.
- Lunges – Take a step forward, bend the front leg until your thigh is parallel with the ground, and step back. Repeat on the other side. Be careful not to come down hard on the knee of the back leg.
- Chair Dips – Sit on the edge of a chair, with your legs straight out in front with your knees locked. Place a hand directly under each cheek, and scoot your bottom off of the chair. Slowly lower your body, and when you have gone down as far as you feel comfortable, push yourself back to the top.
- Jump Squats – Bend at the knees, back straight, eyes looking ahead. Touch your hands just below the knees, and jump straight up. Land softly, and repeat.
- Push-ups – Laying face first on the floor, place your hands on either side of you chest. Keeping your legs, and back straight, push yourself straight up off of the floor. After you have reached the top, lower yourself down.
- Planks – Start off in a push-up position, except this time place your elbows, resting on your forearms. Simply hold this position for 30-60 seconds.
There you have it. Do four to five sets of this routine, with 20-30 reps per set, and you have just done a body weight routine that will Build Muscle and tone up what you already have.
- 3 Wedding Workouts to Help You Look Your Best (projectwedding.com)
- Gymnastics Shoulder Workout (mademan.com)
- Easy Krav Maga Workout (mademan.com)
- Cool-down Exercises to Finish Your Workout (exercise.answers.com)
- Quick Indoor Workouts for Busy People (exercise.answers.com)
- Gymnastics Leg Workout (mademan.com)
- Incorporating Knee Bends Into Your Exercise Routine (exercise.answers.com)
- Strengthening Exercises for Knee Instability (orthopedics.answers.com)
- Muscle Strengthening Exercises to Treat Osteoarthritis in Knees (arthritis.answers.com)
- Knee Rehab Exercises for Senior Citizens (orthopedics.answers.com)